Wednesday, February 6, 2013

HEART SHAPES

Feb.6.2013

Another day
goal setting & achieving                                    
never ending
always anticipating
the next move

What is it that keeps us motivated in life I wonder... we are always aiming to achieve and so often we forget to enjoy just the moment.....sometimes that can get you in trouble though enjoying a moment... for instance enjoying the sweet taste of heart shape shortbread melting in your mouth not thinking of the aftermath of stomach aches and swollen skin..yes sugar makes my skin swell aha but you just sit there working away on your computer enjoying the moment of indulging cookie after cookie and BAM the consequence hits....haha perhaps that is a motivator to why we goal set ... to avoid pain, especially when its self inflicted.

Bon Iver is on the top of my playlists right now...there is something about his voice that is just so soothing to the soul. Thats something we all forget to do quite often is soothe the soul...so take a moment and listen to some Bon Iver ;)

A quick update on my life as of today :

-Still in a cast...turns out the screws they put into my bone are coming out the other side of the bone leaving me in constant pain as the screws are rubbing against tendons in my arm..isn't that just delightful....so basically they say in a year I'll need surgery AGAIN to take the plate out....my advice to you all is when you fall please tuck and roll.. never land on your hands!!!

-MUSIC.....writing lots...with my band Boy&Gurl and for my own project Crystal McGrath! Boy&Gurl are set to release there EP in JUNE with an EPIC show we are so excited for this project!!!!! As for my project it is more country/pop/folk/roots....lots of guitar...lots of stories that will be ready LATER in 2013 after Boy&Gurl release their next EP and tour around bringing sweet sounds of PASSION POP to people everywhere!!!

-eXersizE!! I am finally able to exersize without overbearing pain in my arm so that is verrrry exciting to me!!! I have set goals and everyday work a little harder to achieve them.......being in pain and not very active for so long has been tough on the energy!! but like a bouncing ball I'm up again.....lol and yes I allow myself a heart shape cookie now and then............so many times i have just starved myself and that is seriously no way to win...balance and moderation ;) Speaking of balance I am looking forward to the day my wrist will bend again so I can go back to Yoga!!

***Everyday get up with a goal....even if it is as small as crossing one thing off your to do list....accomplishing what you put your mind to daily puts you on a pathway to success ;) ****

Today my goal was to blog....even if it was about nothing

Have a beautiful day.... enjoy the sun...or the rain...the snow or the ocean! wherever you may be!

xox
-Crystal!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats your Favorite Elton John Song?