Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Whats my name






Whats My Name....Well they call me Crystal...or GurL...Crys...CEE CEE...pervstallion....stallion...lassie....and I used to call myself Cicle....

Tonight me and Boy(Jarred) from my band Boy&GurL...went to the Rihanna concert...so amazing..and totally inspiring..that girl knows how to work it..hot...I decided I need to take some kind of stripper dance lessons so i can work a pole like the classy gal I am during a pe
rformance...gotta keep up with the times right?.. I thou
ght so...strippersize here i come!! moms take that class so it can't be that bad haha!

This weekend was an amazing weekend Boy&GurL played at the Utopia festival in Edmonton with some amazingly cool artists including..Ani DiFranco....Lights...Suzie McNeil and David
Usher! really cool mix of people and music!!! To see footage from the show check out www.youtube.com/boyandgurlmusic I got to rock out the guitar and belt out my favorite notes..and Jarred got to make sweet love to the keyzz and sing his favorite notes....we even took the stage for an encore to our next single Take Me Away!!! that was fun!!! Got lots of response and fan mail saying our brand new song we threw in the set for some spice ti
tled Blame was a SMASHING success!!! im totally pumped to make a new
album again!! even tho theres still life in Love Crimes...I just love NEW...as humans we are always evolving and changing and becoming Better!!!



this is Boy&GurL in our dressing room....





what else can I tell you about the weekend....it was Jarred's Birthday...
One thing I lo
ve and must stress to never take for granted about being a performer not going to lie...but you ask for som
ething and someone is there to help you....I said I wanted to surprise Jarred with a bday cake..I couldnt leave the venue .but like magic within 45 min there was a vanilla cake with a personalized message in the backstage area and we all got to sing to him!!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone who is ever at events doing the running and making things happen and people happy....you are the people that don't get thanked enough and you are the people that keep everyone in good spirits so this blog is dedicated to the runners and those who listen to lists of riders.....Thank you xox
The Birthday "Boy"

My Music Listening Update...

I have not really listened to the collection that Im supposed to be listening too..lol buuut heres why...Ive been listening to new stuff..
Fefe D
obson's album JOY...track 5 and 7 ...are my fav...11 and 12 are good too ;)
Christina Perri...all in all im gonna just say I had higher expectations...track 4 is great tho all about Keeping Distance from someone you care about and whispering the words I love you.....its sad kinda to think about how often that must happen in life we are trying to protect our hearts and other people that we might just forget to enjoy the moments we are given...love when we can even if it might hurt the next day....I admire people who can fully indulge their lives in Love... for at the end of the day...All you need is LOVE....
The Script...Also great album... good to drive too ...and I drive alot...


One..or I...this is what the Boy&GurL team were discussing as I opened the car door to make a One..ironically my album is not called "1" it is "I" reason behind that is individuality..inspiration...ignite...influence...I...its a record about me..its my first record...and you know what...I was being indie...lol theres another I word..indie...haha
speaking of indie...I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about recording some new music...and I was saying how when I write alone it usually comes out folk...but I cant be a folk singer..because i like to sparkle to much hahaha so we coined a new genre...IndieVogue is the new Crystal McGrath ahhahaha well see what happens with that...Im just throwing it out there...and perhaps it will manifest!!!!

Wellll time for zzzzzzzz;s I meant to go to bed hours ago until my hands just wouldnt stop typing haha
gnite all xox
-c!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats your Favorite Elton John Song?