Monday, March 9, 2015

Something About You! (week 4)

Week 4!!

I am a queen procrastinator….I find it so strange that some moments when i sit down to write nothing comes out of me…but today i knew i had to get this country song done and i was lucky enough to have writers flow!

Sat down in my writing room came up with a quick melody for the chorus and then grabbed my guitar and had this song finished within 15 min. I then thought it would be fun to play around with logic, Im still learning the ropes and the quantizing stuff really is a slow learning process for me so the timing is off in many places but i figure every time i do this i get just a little bit better and eventually i will have it figured out!!  So used to handing my demos over to producers to make sound beautifully polished aha…

Again I am finding it hard to post such unfinished work but its a demo and I am trying to get over the ego of it not being good enough!!

I have had a singers nightmare of heartburn for the past 3 days which has made it hard to sing….and breathe…and function…aha if you have had extreme heartburn you will know what I mean…for those who haven't I hope you never do!!!

My goal for the week is to have song 5 written by Wednesday so I can put some better production into the demo!!!

heres a link to my song!
https://soundcloud.com/crystalmcgrathmusic/something-about-you

Have a lovely day! Im off to yoga to try to eliminate this heartburn!

C!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats your Favorite Elton John Song?