Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SAC WEEK 2

So Week 2 brought me someone I consider a new friend, and created new opportunities. It is such a nice reminder to me that I am so grateful and lucky to be able to do what I love everyday of my life. Somedays I don't think much of it as it is so normal to me to wake up breathe music…teach music…talk about music…write music…record music…perform music….. but when I step back for a moment and look at this world I have created for myself I feel an abundance of gratitude. I read in this blog today ( https://shaunaspecht.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/sac-challenge-week-2-frustration-education/ ) today that writing was the easiest and hardest thing for them which reminded me of Love…in the most beautiful way.  Love can bring those amazing feelings of hope, trust, drive and at the same time has the power to make you hurt in what seems to be the most extreme ways. Love is what music comes from, Love is what inspires us all. To Love is to Live….and to Live is to Love and music is an expression of all of that in all of its beautiful forms.  For some reason I think of the love I have for my dog Brooks who passed away years ago…I had so much love for him, and the loss was an extreme sadness that I never would have felt if I never loved. I find a beauty in that sadness that life creates for us to love and to live and to have loss. Some kind of balance that I could never begin to explain……this is why we have songs to express all this crazy emotion we are given.

This week I had the lovely experience to cowrite with Lynn Tessari, a day before my birthday and she a total stranger brought me a card and gift. It was such a beautiful reminder to me of all the kindness there is in this world….sometimes the bitter realistic news of the world brings a distraction to that, why can't their be a complete happiness chanel of all the good people do in the world……..
Anyhow thats a whole other project for me….We had a lovely co write creating a pop song, which was inspired by our favourite minor chords with a hidden disney princess desire I have always had lol…..and came up with a song about a Gypsy Queen…Lynn had that saying when she came and I loved the idea…..so we roll with that and ended up writing about a girl who was on a journey to self love and stepping outside her fear of living outside her dreams…

https://soundcloud.com/crystalmcgrathmusic/this-is-me-demo-crystal-lynn2015

I also wrote a song today it came to me in an hour…and I created this demo….i have no idea where the inspiration came from I just started singing to a drum loop and then ended up creating this…..it is hard for me to post unfinished works…but I suppose that is all part of this challenge process so I will set the ego free and post away my works in progress!!!
https://soundcloud.com/crystalmcgrathmusic/million-times

Hope everyone has a wonderful week full of inspiration and Love!!!

-C!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats your Favorite Elton John Song?