Thursday, March 4, 2010

Remembering Teagan Klein




I just heard some unexpected news this evening. Words can't even describe the reality of this tragic situation, but yet situations like this happen so often and you never think it will happen to anyone you know, let alone even imagine it could happen to you. ABUSE.TRAGEDY.DEATH.

Teagan Klein.

Prince of wales 1994 I made a friend, a friend that inspired me to do better, a friend that helped me grow into who I am today. Everyone we encounter in life helps shape our character and some have more of an effect than others to us, her friendship through the years of growing up was one of the friendships that taught me how to be a friend. Although many years have passed since we were close I still can remember being a kid and being Teagan's friend. I remember we were both were competitive gymnasts always making up routines on the front lawn, and making up games on the street with the neighbors. I remember sleepovers and sitting on the kitchen floor picking out all the red flavored gummy dinosours from a big costco box. I remember laughing so hard ..we were kids with abs. I remember her smile, I remember her passion for life, I remember being inspired by her. I remember others being inspired by her.
She moved back to red deer a few years later, and we kept in touch over the years, and would write mail, and visit (and each visit always felt like we saw each other the day before) but we both continued on with our own lives finishing school and let the busyness of life making our contact with each other fade, but yet I feel like if I saw her tomorrow we'd go back to being those 2 girls sitting on the front lawn eating popsicles and laughing.
I don't want to go into details of the horrific news, for I want to just take this time to remember her greatness, but It grieves me to say her life was taken from her and her son, family and friends in the most tragic of ways last year. My sister heard about the trial of the man being charged with first degree murder today and filled me in. It took some time before it actually hit me that it was real and to be reminded that there are horrible things that take place in this world we live in and not just in CSI and Law&Order. The fact that it took so long for me to be aware of this situation adds to the shock of it for me, and my heart deeply goes out to her family and friends I am so sorry to hear this news.

Situations like this unfortunately make us realize that we can't take things in our lives for granted, and that we should never focus on the negative things in life, for at the end of our road its not the negative things that people remember, its the laughter, experiences, love, and smiles that we all remember and it is those things that we should take a moment to focus on everyday. Say what you feel, work hard for your goals, share all your love and laughter, and just live ;) because you never know how you effect the people around you.

Teagan will be dearly missed everyday, I am grateful to have known her and so sorry to hear that she has been a victim of abuse, no one deserves to go through what she has gone through and it happens so often to innocent people when it shouldn't be happening at all.

TAKE A STAND AGAINST VIOLENCE AND HATE.
Hold onto the good things in your life.
they can dissapear quicker
than you can even
imagine.

xox.
-C!



1 comment:

  1. Value ... an action that we are challenged to conduct our lives with every breaking moment. Do we even fully understand? At times like this we do.

    Today, I value you Crystal ...
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Whats your Favorite Elton John Song?