Thursday, March 25, 2010

Texting VS. Talking

I'm wondering....when did it become more of a priority to text someone then to call them?! Once upon a time it was a letter....then the phone....email....cell phones....now texting.....it seems to be so impersonal yet it is something we have all become accustomed to and to get a phone call from someone now seems to be shocking!!!!!

We can now develop a full on relationship with a person via texting.....you can say things in a text you could never imagine speaking....the world of communication opportunity magnifies when you dont have to look someone in the eyes or hear there response. It can also destroy relationships....misreading a phrase, not being able to fully express what you really mean to say...in a way emotion is kind of stripped from the conversation......its almost like...talk radio? lol


Sexting.....Would you rather a- call someone up and whisper dirty words...or would you rather b- type it out in a short message? Im going to say the majority of society would answer b....for fear of embarasment..or rejection...or convinience...or to be discreet...or for the excitment of the awaited response....I was reading somewhere people debating whether sexting was a social trend or a technological trend....at the end of the article they summed it up that it was a technological trend, and that those types of trends fade quickly as people move on to the next latest fad...trying to convince parents of teens not to worry about their naughty teens haha and that the "trend" should fade soon LOL.......sorry parents of sexting teens.......I dont think the "trend" of sexting is ending anytime soon........

Bizting....haha business texting....has that termed been coined yet?.....Well I say keep business to the words of talking....for there can be so many unnecessary misunderstandings or misreads when it comes to texting that when it comes to business...save it for face to face...or the phone....
thats just my opinion....kinda fits in with the whole dont mix business with pleasure.....but i think thats a whole new blog....stay tuned.....

Things you SHOULD NOT text.....

- the words I LOVE YOU for the first time
- the breakup term ITS OVER
- Apologies
- BIG news to your close friends/family...ie..engagment...prego time...moving countries....ext..
- Question why they are not responding....DONT BE A STALKER....

feel free to add to this list that Im sure could go on FORVER...

Oh another DANGER with texting.......Make sure you are sending the message to the right person! Can you imagine sending your dad a text "I just had the hottest sex with my dads married friend Bob" EEK u cant really take that back.....

and another DANGER.....Dont Text and Drive...today Jarred( Boy....from www.boyandgurl.com) told me that talking on ur phone while driving x2 ur risks of being in an accident...and texting...x4 ur risks of being in an accident...now Im all about taking Risks...But not risks that are proven to kill. so be careful if not for you, at least those around you...but id hope its for u ;)

Haha wow Im sure I could continue on with this random blog as per usual but its late and I meant to go to bed a long time ago.....but when i got to bed i could hear my computer calling my name to open it up and start typing away in the dark.I have a hard time saying No...even to myself...which could possibly explain why I ate an excess amount of realfruit gummies tonight lol.....so this is the conclusion of that.

Before signing off...I will state...that I am a fan of Texting...especially bbm...its holding me back from getting an iphone...lol buttt I love getting a call....just like I love getting a handwritten letter......which seems to happen way to rarely....hint hint....

gOodnight all...and thank you for reading!
xo
-c!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats your Favorite Elton John Song?